Discover credit card is known as a major credit card company that provides its cards to many individuals, students, and businesses. You will get special discounts on products along with rebates with all purchases. You can also earn reward points in case you make purchases of different types in their stores. Through this credit card, users will be able to endorse and facilitate buying stuff from a gas station.
You have to follow certain terms and conditions that apply to the credit card. Here in this article, you will get the complete details about activating the Discover credit card. So, if are planning to activate the Discover credit card then check out the complete article.
Features and benefits of Discover Card
You can enjoy the features and advantages of the Discover card after activating it on your device. Here below we have mentioned some unique features of this card that you must check out before starting the activation process.
- You will get up to $100 back if you purchase initially $200 or more in a single transaction at any [brand] store.
- You’ll receive 5 percent off on your qualifying regular transactions or orders after becoming a member that is charged to the card.
- You will get an application for your credit on anything after receiving a credit case around 24 months.
- You can access their award-winning customer service team and a $300 Tax Credit Certificate card after finishing your case.
- You will get an additional 6 months of special funding after spending $299 or more on anything in the store. This limited-time offer will help you with your student’s education.
- This card will provide you with a full 12 months to enjoy your new account with 0% financing and fixed rates for up to 20 years. This card contains no annual fees and no risk.
- You will get online access to your credit information, financial goals, online account management, and more, with flexibly scheduled payment options and no annual credit card fees 24*7.
How to Apply for a Discover Credit card
Apply for your Discover credit card by following just a few simple steps given below.
- You have to visit the official website of Discover credit card first com.
- You can also apply by calling 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683).
- Select among cashback credit cards or travel credit cards and read their features and benefits according to your need. They also have Discover student cards and a Discover business card.
- You must be 18 or older to apply for a card.
- Then click on Apply now button just present on the right side of the card you want.
- You will be redirected to a new page.
- Fill up the form with the correct personal details required in the fields given.
- Provide accurate information about your employment and financial status.
- After submitting the bank will review the form.
- You will get a reply within 60 sec.
How to check you are pre-approved for a Discover Credit card
You have to match your financial profile is by using the card issuer’s pre-approval tool. Before applying for a Discover credit card, you have to check if you are pre-approved for a Discover Credit card. This tool will figure out the credit score for a Discover card. You just need to follow the basic steps mentioned below.
- You have to visit the Discover site first.
- You will then tap on the “All Products,” “Credit Cards,” and then “See if You’re Pre-approved.”
- You have to provide the information needed and fill out the pre-approval form.
- Finally, tap on the “Check Now” button to see your results.
How to Activate Discover Credit Card
If you want to activate your Discover credit card through an online method then you have to visit the activation site. Then you have to provide your credit card number and the answer to a security question that was supplied when you applied for your Discover credit card. You will also provide your other personal data while making your way through the activation system. You must follow these steps to activate your card.
- Visit the activation page of Discover credit card discover.com/activate
- You must sure to carry out an online account to start this process.
- You have to tap on the “Secure Login” button.
- You will need to provide your user ID and password in the given space.
- You have to create your profile and implement the online activation process.
- After Signing in to your account, you have to press the Activate Your Card option.
- Then follow the on-screen formalities.
- Tap on the Next button and you have to provide the details like SSN, security code, and credit card number in the given space.
- You have to tap on the Next button.
- You will need to follow the on-screen activation steps.
- Press Activate your card option.
- You have completed the card activation process.
You can call the Discover Credit card customer support executive to activate your card. the process shouldn’t take more than a few minutes and you’ll be able to use your credit card immediately upon activation.
- You can call General support- 1-800-Discover (1-800-347-2683)
- You will get proper assistance and help for activating you discover credit card.
- You have to provide the card number, expiry date, CVV number on the invoice page for confirming the account details.
Discover Credit card Login
If you want to log in to your online account of Discover credit card then follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, visit the official login page of Discover Credit card portal.discover.com
- Provide your user’s name and password to the mandatory fields given.
- Click on the login option.
Recover Login information for Discover credit card
If you have forgotten the user id or password then don’t need to worry. You can get access to your online account again by following these simple steps.
- Visit the official login page of Discovery Credit card portal.discover.com
- Click on the link, ‘Find User ID’ or ‘Reset Password’.
- You will find these options under the ‘Secure Login’ section.
- You have to provide your Account ID card Number in the given place.
- Then provide your Billing Zip Code there.
- Then you have to enter the User ID and Zip code in the given space.
- Then tap on the “Find User ID” or “Continue” button to complete the recovery process.
Discover Credit card bill payment
You can make your bill payments through online banking, mobile app, on-call, or mail also.
Online bill payment
- First, you have to visit the login page of Discover Credit card portal.discover.com
- Then provide your user id and password.
- Click on the sign-in button.
- Once you have logged in to your account click on the bill pay option.
- Then you have to choose how much you have to pay.
- Then select when you want to pay.
- Add a person or company you want to pay.
- Click on making payments.
Through Mobile app
- You can text APP to DISCOV (347268) to download the app to your phone.
- Open the app on your android.
- Login to your account using your user id and password.
- You have to select your card.
- Click on the make a payment option.
- You can also pay your bill through the online bill pay service from your bank account.
Payment through mail
If you want to make your payment through mail then you can send a Mail in your payment with the payment coupon on your statement.
You have to send it early enough that it will arrive by the due date.
- Call In payment:
You can Call 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683) and enter your card information when prompted.
- Payment at branch:
You can easily make your payment by visiting any Discover credit card branch during normal business hours.